Accessories, why do we wear them?
They finish off an outfit in my opinion and actually MAKE it if your outfit is a little basic.
Accessories can be a great way of adding elements of your personality, colour palette and personal style and they don't have to the cost the world either.
Why can accessories help you feel good?
1. They can draw attention TO an area - for example your bust or neck / ears if you feel self-conscious about your stomach.
2. They can draw attention AWAY from an area. For example, a pear shape wearing a bright scarf or statement necklace to draw eyes away from their hips.
3. They can spice up an outfit and help you project more of your unique style personality. They will definitely start bringing in the compliments rolling in.
Always ensure that you only have one LARGE / 'VODKA' accessory on.
Check out the Vodka and Cranberry Style Secret to identify which item is the vodka.
So, if you go for a bold necklace, opt for small studs or no earrings
If you go for big dangly tassel earrings, opt for no necklace or a very fine 'invisible' necklace.
If you have multiple rings on and a necklace, maybe take off the bracelets.
Kate Moss always recommended removing 1 accessory before leaving the house and that has always stuck with me.
So how do you select your accessories?
Keep them scaled to your body type.
- If you are a bigger lady, who is quite tall, large-framed, plus-sized and 'bigger boned',
go for chunky accessories, maybe larger beads, wooden bangles, sturdier chains, larger earrings. Go for wider belts with bulkier buckles.
- If you are a petite lady, dainty and medium to small framed, go for finer jewellery, delicate necklaces, slim bangles, cute studs and slim belts.
If you'd like a full run down on exactly the types of accessories to wear for your specific body shape you can find all the information under the 'Accessories' chapter of your Body Shape Style Bible.
If you are still yet to purchase yours, you can click here to order it today!